Dogs, no matter how gigantic or tiny they are, will always be man’s best friend. And they prove it by actually saving people’s lives. A woman claims that her beloved pup has saved hers by sniffing out sepsis after she developed an almost fatal scalp condition. The said problem was caused by burns due to her reaction to hair bleach.
Watch how this amazing story unfolds:
It started after visiting a salon
In 2018, a woman named Levi Cater went to a salon to have her brown hair bleached, so it would turn blonde. However, within minutes of the application of the peroxide solution, her scalp started to burn. It was smoking, which prompted the hairdresser to wash Levi’s head.
At home, the 22-year-old’s scalp began bleeding. That was when she decided to go to Nottingham Hospital where she received treatments for her third-degree burns.
But instead of getting better, Levi’s condition worsened. She reckoned that Chico, her Yorkshire terrier, could sense that something was wrong.
Levi revealed that she went back to the hospital, as her dog wouldn’t leave her alone. She said the pup might have smelled the infection. She claimed that Chico saved her life.
And it seemed that Chico really did save his human’s life. At the hospital. Levi was told that she had sepsis. The doctors told her that they caught the condition before it got serious.
Just last year, Levi had undergone a scalp reduction procedure, which stretched the skin on her head to cover the bald part caused by the burns.
Levi is thankful for her dog
Levi revealed that she needed more surgery, as the first operation didn’t work. The subsequent operation should stretch the scalp enough to close the bald spots. This is something that Levi wished had done in the first place, so she would not have to lose her hair.
Regardless, she remained thankful that Chico pushed her to go to the hospital.
Video Source: SWNS via YouTube